Since having bear, I have been really unlucky with my skin. Whilst pregnant, it was really dry & itchy, but since, it has really had a mind of its own. If it isn’t dry and itchy, I might as well have put my head in a deep fat fryer.
For my birthday, I was really lucky to receive this Elemis Sensational Skin gift set from my in-laws, and my god is it a huge game changer. The set consists of 6 items for skin and body and comes with a gorgeous silver bag to carry it all around in.
- Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm. I have seen my nan using this product a lot, as part of her skincare routine but have never tried it myself until now. I simply rubbed a little between my fingers to warm up and massaged onto my skin and neck. I wet my fingers part way through and carried on massaging. It’s a really gentle balm and feels warm on the skin. It actually feels like you’re giving yourself a spa skin treatment. I have incorporated this into my skincare routine as a face mask once a week. I leave it on for 20-30 minutes (whilst I have a lovely bath of course, if you’re gonna have a pamper, you have to go all out for sure!) And then I simply wiped off with a warm, damp face cloth. My skin afterwards felt so soft and lovely.
- Soothing Apricot Toner. I then followed the cleansing process with this beautiful toner. It smells really fresh and fruity and is actually such a pleasurable product to use on my skin. Having problem skin can mean it feels irritated quite easily, but this is so gentle, I really can’t fault it!
- Pro Collagen Marine Cream. I have real problems finding a moisturiser that is light and effective enough for my skin. So far, I’ve only used this at night as I’m absolutely terrified of the moisturiser being too greasy and making me look like a chip pan all day. But, for an overnight moisturiser, this is actually pretty good! My skin didn’t feel greasy in the morning, like it often does. In fact, I’d go as far to say that after this whole skincare routine, my skin felt as smooth & soft as a baby’s bum.
- Sweet Orchid Shower Cream. I’ll be honest… I haven’t actually used this yet, but I have had a good sniff & it smells amazing! Sort of like Japanese Cherry Blossom but sweeter (I’m not great at describing scents, I’m sorry). From using their skincare range though, I’m so excited to use this! (I’m still getting through about a hundred bottles of shower gel from last christmas, does anyone else have this problem too?!)
- Sweet Orchid Body Cream. Again, I haven’t used this yet, but one of my aims this year is to take better care of my skin (face and body) and that includes using moisturiser on my body (as I’m really neglectful in that area). I did have a little feel of the cream though and it feels really light and soft.
- Sweet Orchid Hand & Nail Cream. Now this, I have used! In fact, I use it a lot. Having a little one who gets filthy very easily (is it a general baby thing or just a boy mama thing? haha!) and working in the healthcare sector, means I am constantly washing my hands and neglecting them. I’d started to get a few callouses on my palms from just how used my hands were getting. But from using this, they honestly are becoming much softer. The smell is wonderful too! It’s probably one of my favourite scents actually. It’s not too big of a tube either so fits quite neatly in the changing bag or my work bag.
I actually really adore this gift! My in laws have been saying for ages that I need to take care of myself and have some more ‘me time’. Well, they definitely helped with this lovely gift set!